Black Honey


I've never really tried much from Clinique (I'll let you know soon what I have tried and loved) and I saw this set in Boots after Christmas reduced to £15 or £16, what a bargin!

After seeing Anna (ViviannaDoesMakeup) rave about the black honey line I was dying to try it. This set came with four products, an 'almost lipstick', a superbalm moisturizing gloss, a nail varnish and their famous high impact mascara. 

So far I've tried all of the products except for the mascara (I'm a mascara junkie, I have way too many on the go) and I've loved them. The 'almost' lipstick is a great alternative to lipstick, I love this for days when my lips are a little dry (all the time) but when I still want a nice wash of colour. What I really like about this is that it can be kept at a wash of colour, like a tinited lip balm, or you can really build it up. I love the colour too, it's a deep plum colour which is the perfect bold but still natural lip colour. 

As for the lipgloss, if you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I don't really like lip gloss, at all. What I do like about this lipgloss is that it has a good amount of colour to it and, naturally, works well with the lipstick. It has a really thick formula which surprisingly isn't sticky. Amazing, I know.

The nail varnish is a great autumn/winter colour, it reminds me of a Rimmel nail polish that I own, it's a deep plum/burgundy colour and looks really nice on the nails. It definitely needs two coats and it does chip a little easily but overall it's a nice nail polish.

As I said I haven't tried the mascara but after hearing great reviews about it I can't wait to try it. The only thing left I need from this range is the eyeshadow!


Have you tried anything from the black honey range?

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram