Maybelline The Nudes Palette | Review


Apart from the recent launch from L’Oreal the high street is really lacking eyeshadow palettes. Maybelline have recently launched ‘The Nudes’ palette which comes out in the UK next month, however, I picked mine up recently when I visited Florida.

This palette retails for $9.99 but I believe it will be £9.99 making it cheaper in the US but still affordable. The palette comes with 12 shades, a mixture of matte and shimmery shades, all of which are swatched in the photos above.

In terms of the shades in the palette, they are beautiful and I think Maybelline did an extremely good job with selecting the shades for this palette. There a good all over the lid shades; good crease colours and a beautiful gold too.

The shimmery shades in this palette have incredibly good pigmentation and honestly look beautiful on the lid, however, where this palette is let down is the matte shades. The matte shades are really chalky, the pigmentation is nowhere as good as the pigmentation of the shimmery shades, however, you can build them up.

In terms of wear time they last reasonably and do last longer with a primer – yes I did the whole primer on one eyelid and not the other thing - but it’s about average for drugstore wear time.

I do think that the matte shades let down the palette, however, it is still a good, wearable palette and I’m sure I will get a lot of wear out of it.


Have you tried this palette? What is your favourite shade?

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram