Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms | Review


A few weeks ago after hearing a lot of hype I purchased a few of the Revlon Matte and Lacquer balms. I didn’t buy these for a really long time and I wasn’t excited about their release because of their scent, it may sound strange but when you hate the smell of mint as much as I do the idea of that in a lip products makes me want to cry but after seeing the beautiful colours and being told you couldn’t smell it once it was on, so I picked up a few which I will show you shade by shade, left to right in the picture above.

Vivacious 
Unapologetic  
Audacious
Elusive

Vivacious is the only lacquer balm I picked up because I thought I would like the matte ones a lot more but I think this is actually a little more up my street. I really like the formula of this because it is super moisturising which is something I look for in lip products because I have ridiculously dry lips. The colour payoff is incredible and the high shine finish is beautiful! If you look at a tester of this you can see that it has shimmer in it however once it is applied you can’t see it at all. I would definitely be interested in buying more of these.

I picked up three of the matte balms, Unapologetic, Audacious and Elusive, firstly I love the names and I think the colours are really pretty. Unapologetic is my favourite and it is a very vibrant pink, I wore this on a driving lesson and my instructor’s first comment was “wow your lipstick is bright”, so it is definitely not one for the faint hearted but it I a beautiful, beautiful Summer colour. Audacious I wore in a recent YouTube video and I was left a comment by a viewer saying that she loved my lip colour and I like it too. When I first bought it I was a little scared of it but I had to have it as I really like orange and I think it looks really nice, especially if you have a tan. I predict this becoming a Summer staple. The last colour I bought was Elusive which is a much more subtle pink colour and I really like this but I find it the most difficult to work with colour wise, I’m not sure why, I always like it when it’s on but it feels like it should have been different slightly, I can’t explain it, nevertheless I’ve still worn it a lot and I do like it. As they are matte they last a long time without being drying, who knew matte products could have a moisturising formula?

In terms of the scent issue, the only time you can smell it is when you’re applying it but once it’s on you are left with a minty tingly, I’ve just brushed my teeth, feeling which I’m not the biggest fan of, however most people love mint so will probably love the scent of these.

Have you tried the new Revlon balms?

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram