Advice I Need To Follow


So I haven’t blogged in the longest time and for that I apologise. I’ve had a pretty eventful time with a lot of highs and lows and I wanted to share with things I’ve learned along the way, advice I should always remember.

v  You are not defined by somebody else’s opinion of you
This is pretty hard lesson to lean as I feel like the second we hear something bad about ourselves we are pre-programmed to believe it. I’ve learned that people think they know who are you, inside and out, without knowing you at all. People make false judgements, give others false impressions of you and ultimately make you doubt yourself. Please don’t. You get to decide who you are, only you know who you are. Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you dictate who you become. You know what they say, what Sally says of Suzie says more of Sally than it does of Suzie.

v  Don’t wait for a train that’s already gone
What I mean by this is that sometimes we hang onto things and refuse to give up hope on things that we have no chance of having back. Sometimes a ship has sailed or the flower has died or however you want to put it, it’s over and I think sometimes it’s best to just let go. Too many times I’ve hung onto things because I’m not ready to let go or because I blindly believe people will change or com back but things never change, those people never come back. Save yourself the heartache and let go when it’s time to.

v  Follow Your Instincts
Sometimes you get bad feelings about situations or people and more often than not I ignore those. I’m one of those people who gives everyone the benefit of the doubt and believes it will all work out in the end but sometimes you know situation isn’t right and you need to do what’s best for yourself and remove yourself from it. Do what’s best for you.

v  It’s okay to be yourself
Every time I think I’ve learned this it turns out I haven’t. It’s so important to remember that to be friends with someone you don’t have to wear the same clothes or listen to the same music or do your makeup in a certain way. It’s okay to be yourself and if you have something that makes you different from other people then you’re lucky. Please don’t feel like you’re not good enough because you’re not the same as everyone else.

These are just a few life lessons I’ve learned and need to remember, I hope that it’s helped you too. Leave a comment if you’ve got any other advice that you live by.




Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram