2016 Flashback





Yearly flashback posts are one of my favourites to write because they make me realise how much really has happened throughout the year; I get to look through all of my pictures to pick my favourites ones!

When 2016 started I still wasn’t in the best place. I’d gone through a bad relationship/breakup/friendship drama situation at the end of 2015 and I really didn’t feel like myself anymore. It took a lot of effort and song writing and time alone but by the end of January I was feeling more confident than I had previously and I felt ready to face the world again.

February was a really special month to me, I went to work one Friday and got along really well with a new colleague, went on a date on valentine’s day and have been with him ever since. Don’t get me wrong relationships aren’t plain sailing but they really are worth it. I honestly wouldn’t be as happy and as confident as I am right now if it wasn’t for James. 2016 was a really good year for us and I’m looking forward to what 2017 bring, especially our first holiday together.

I passed my first year of uni, achieving really good results; I was particularly proud of the grades I achieved in my assignments. In October I started the second year of my law degree, and if I’m being honest, I’ve found it really difficult. I never expected a law degree to be easy, but I certainly have to put a lot more effort in now.

My home life has improved a lot this year. I argue with my mum a lot less, I’ve become a lot more independent and yes, I know how to cook now. I can even cook a roast dinner. I also share my home life with James now which is nice. I like knowing I have someone to come home to.

I feel like I’ve put a good amount of effort into my youtube channel this year, however, my blog has not achieved as much attention. This is something I really want to address this year, because I miss blogging a lot.

In terms of friendships my life has changed a lot this year. I had to let go of a friendship which turned into something really toxic and unhealthy. It’s hard to say goodbye when you have really good memories with someone, but I got to the point where I had to put myself first and honestly, I’m really glad I did. My friendship with Kerry is still going strong and I love our days out together when we’re both home/scary road trips trying to get to a concert in the most ridiculous weather. She has honestly become someone I really rely on and care about a lot. I also saw Beth again this year, who if you are a long time reader of this blog you will remember, we haven’t seen each other in about 2 years so it was really nice to see each other and catch up. The time was finally right.

I also took a trip to New York this year – which I did a blog post on and a couple of videos – I can honestly say I love New York. I find myself constantly planning my next trip, what I’ll do, what I’ll pack. I just love NYC and I’m so glad I got to see it in the Autumn time.

There’s so much I want to do/change for next year and I will have a post about my goals for next year coming up in the next couple of days. When I think about 2016, I tend to think about a lot of stress and ups and downs, that being said, a lot of positive things happened and a lot of good memories were made.


How was your year? 

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram