Where Have I Been? | 2019 Goals


Another life update? I know, I’ve not been a consistent blogger at all! That being said, I’ve got a huge list of posts planned and I thought I’d give you a little update.

University/Work
I talked about this in my last life update, but I have finished university and I have a graduate job. I graduated in November and I’ve proudly displayed the certificate for my law degree in the living room. I feel like my time at university was such a defining time in my life (I’ll do a video one day on my university experience) and it feels slightly weird to leave that behind. I am getting on really well at work, I love the team I work with and it feels like pieces of my life are starting to come together…finally! Working full-time in a high-pressure environment is definitely stressful, however, I'm hoping this year I can really set myself a good work/life balance.

Blogging/Youtube
I feel like I’m now getting myself into a routine with work and I’m determined to find a good work/life balance. I’ve really been missing blogging and YouTube, it’s always been an outlet for me, but it takes up a lot of time. I’ve spent a lot of time planning, so hopefully content will start to be a lot more regular! 2018 was hectic finishing my final year of university and throwing myslef into work - literally the day after finishing Uni - and I still have a way to go until I get myself into a healthy routine, but I know that will come.

Diet and Fitness
I’ve always struggled with my weight and body image and I feel like my body has really changed a lot in the last few years. It makes me sad when I look at old photos and I miss how I used to look, so I’m determined to do something about it. I’ve started following WW – which is nothing revolutionary, it’s all about eating in a healthy way, but I need the accountability that comes with it. I’ve also started using the gym membership I pay for a bit more. I started doing the ‘Couch to 5k’ programme recently and it’s really reminded me that exercise makes me feel really good about myself and has such a positive impact on my mental health.

So, 2019 goals? Honestly there's a few things I really want to get sorted this year!
1. Lose weight - I'm sure this ends up on so many people's resolution lists but it's definitely staying on mine. I know this one is actually achievable, I just need to get on with it! 

2. Set a work/life balance - I really want to get myself into a healthy routine generally and work plays a huge part in this! I find it far to easy to stay in the office until 7 pm and it's really not healthy at all. I need to prioritse my well-being and make time for myself. I feel that if I'm happier with myself and I give myself down-time, that this could make me more productive in the long run. I don't think this one will be easy, but I really need to work at it - oh, and start taking a lunch break. 

3. Blog and Youtube - I really want to make time for this in 2019. I no longer have endless assignments or ridiculous amounts of reading to do, so I need to work less and enjoy myself more. This really always has been a way of switching off and being creative, I just need to get back to it.

I feel like I’m in a really good place to start living the way I want to. There are things I want to work on, for example making sure my priorities are in check and I’m making enough time for myself, but overall, I feel like I’m in a really good place. Do you have goals for 2019?



Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram